Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rockets and Bombs and Dead Chimps, Oh My!

Off to Alamogordo we went before dawn. Seeking to test the FIXED hydrogen modifications and pick up a Penski truck for the long trip home ... The hydrogen kit could not handle the Frequency Modulated data from one of the sensors, problem solved.

The Space Museum got in the way http://hedgy62.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!758678228BC11E9A!1062/ Where a ton of historical space toys can be seen. You may also find one of my pipe tobacco cigars on the grave of Ham the chimp, our first astronaut, someone had left a plastic banana? Boys give that chimp a cigar!

On to White Sands Missile Testing Range. Relics from the first atomic tests, hand wired computer boards the like I haven's seen since my youth! Rockets and launchers and ... well have a look!
http://hedgy62.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!758678228BC11E9A!1133/

I am quite surprised by New Mexico, its not at all what I expected and I would love to come back again. One more day in Roswell and we roll out. EEK!

We will try to post from the road. If we can't I will post from home in a week or so.

No comments: